Thursday, June 25, 2009

Aaaah!

Well, it's been a busy three weeks since my last post.

What have I been up to? Let's see, here... I picked up a little work, just doing yard word for a guy, mostly mulching, for a few hours a week. I've been to a few job interviews, additionally, but haven't heard from any of them. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

On the game front, I've continued going to Wednesday game nights at Critical Hit Games. I got to try out my newest (and probably lightest) creation a couple weeks ago. On June 20, I also attended a big get-together of gamers at Thies' house. In addition to playing a bunch of published games, I sprung one of my games on a group of 5, and I got to try out someone else's prototype, as well! It was fun.

On a side note, Thies' dog ate a banana that I had brought--and he was working on my orange before someone took it away from him!

I am officially admitted to the University of Iowa now. The remaining major goals I have for this summer are to apply for whatever funding I can, get a decent job for the school year, and finish my blasted thesis! On the bright side, I feel I am at a point where it may actually be kind of downhill on the thesis work--of course, I've thought that before...

I've done nothing with music this month, really. That's okay, for now. I need to focus on my other projects.

Luckily, one of my other sources of occassional headaches (my house in Lincoln) has been quiet on the western front. The bad news is that Zillow inexplicably dropped the purported value of my house 15%. I haven't a clue why this happened. Throughout the whole housing and credit crisis my house's value had remained pretty stable on Zillow, since it's in a Midwestern college town, then this happens out of nowhere?! My best guess is that Zillow is doing some reconfiguring on how it calculates a house's value. This would make sense, since Zillow's estimates always have been comparatively high, but that doesn't help the big minus sign next to the change in value of my house!!!

I was considering putting the house up for sale in a month or two, but this--and the fact that we are probably another year from the recession fully ending--is giving me pause. I will probably wait until a year and a half from now. It can't get much worse, can it (knock on wood)?

No comments:

Post a Comment