Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reset Button Pushed

So last week I officially registered for my first semester of classes toward my new life as a graphic designer. In addition to being a more attractive professional field for me than history, graphic design will also dovetail nicely with my interests of game design and music.

Who knows? With an extensive background in history, and soon in graphic design (I'll be working on learning some programming languages, too) I could be an attractive candidate for work with a board or video game design company.

In other news, my newest game, titled "Itsy Bitsy Spiders", was a big hit at the game days on Saturday and Wednesday. Counting the initial positive reception a month ago, that's an overwhelming thumbs up from every playtester, with only slight adjustments to the game at each stage. I am putting this game on the fast-track to development. Just a few more tests and, assuming no major changes are needed, I can move on to copyrighting and sending to publishers! As excited as everyone who played it was with IBS's prospects, I am now super pumped.

Strike while the iron is hot!

The only thing really holding me back from devoting even more time to this is my thesis, which is a painfully slow process, especially when I don't here from my advisor for weeks at a time.... Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment